News

Added a ShareThis button for all you dying to share the awesomeness.

If you're looking for an awesome song you haven't heard before you are in the right place. This site represents a playlist systematically designed to maximize AWESOMENESS by meeting the following critera:

• It's AWESOME.
  • It's fairly obscure. This is obviously a subjective standard, but I don't want songs that everyone's heard no matter how awesome.
  • You can listen to it right now online for free.

Recent comments

• Talk Talk   11 years 11 weeks ago

Usually a band who names a song after themselves has to make ya wonder. But this tune is an outstanding 80's offering by a cool band.

• Out of Range   11 years 11 weeks ago

This IS an outrage!!!!

• No Man's Woman   11 years 11 weeks ago

Yep!

• No Man's Woman   11 years 11 weeks ago

Is that an Andrew Dice Clay reference?!?!?

• Out of Range   11 years 11 weeks ago

I haven't mentioned my complaint that Ani acted like a man hater so I didn't stalk her and then she married a dude? I was outraged!

• Out of Range   11 years 11 weeks ago

By the way, she's givin it her best Alanis on the new tune she does about how her new baby has influenced her life.

Cusack, she got married, too. I hope you're ok with this.

• Out of Range   11 years 11 weeks ago

Here's some recent concert stuff and interviews with the woman you are crushin' on:

• No Man's Woman   11 years 12 weeks ago

"She's pretty cute for a bald chick."

• Maps   11 years 12 weeks ago

YYYs where on Letterman last week. She was waaaaaay off. I've heard her better.

• Midnight Mover   11 years 13 weeks ago

I concur.

I think this video with an SNL alum confirms it:

• Midnight Mover   11 years 13 weeks ago

Paul Simon is always an interesting cat, because I absolutely LOVE his music, but every time I see him talking on a documentary he seems like a complete ass. Then to complicate things even more he's funny on SNL. I'm not sure what to make of it all.

• Innuendo   11 years 13 weeks ago

When you listen to these legends, you begin to realize what current bands studied and did their homework.

My Chemical Romance comes immediately to mind. "The Black Parade" pays homage to Mercury and Queen in so many ways. Take a listen. Buy it and listen to the whole damn thing in one sitting.

• Midnight Mover   11 years 13 weeks ago

Here's some useless info, my top three shortest people of Rock:

1) Nils Lofgren- packs a mean punch, the "Godfather of the Guitar", needs the trampoline on stage to show the audience his new heights;

2) Angus Young - never mind the bullocks in velvet shorts, this guy kicks ass guitar-wise even though the chords haven't changed in twenty years; the "Heat Seeker" missile prop used during the LIVE show really let the audience know how short he really is;

3) Paul Simon - his size has nothing to do with the largeness of his lyrics, melodies AND the fact that he is banging Edie Brickell whenever he wants to.

• Grace Kelly   11 years 13 weeks ago
  • Johnny and Mary   11 years 13 weeks ago

I'm not really sure how I missed this one. I was jamming to all those other bands, but somehow I completely overlooked this video and song. I've never claimed to be a huge Robert Palmer fan, but you would have thought I would have run into this song somewhere.

• Midnight Mover   11 years 13 weeks ago

I'm pretty sure Accept didn't get the budget they deserved to make this video. Most of their effort in their videos typically goes towards trying to make sure the lead singer isn't in the same long shots as the rest of the band so you can't tell how short he is.

• Grace Kelly   11 years 13 weeks ago

1.) I WISH!
    2.) I'm not a big "sale" guy.
    3.) I'm usually too busy taking notes to talk to the screen.
    4.) There's going to be a MUSICAL!??!?!? I LOVE musicals!
    5.) I'm googling to see if that really exists.

• Grace Kelly   11 years 13 weeks ago

1) Do you channel Freddy Mercury like this guy does?
    2) Do you watch for sales on false eyelashes for that Liza Minnelli look?
    3) Do you find yourself yelling at the "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" show," OMG, I wouldn't be caught dead in that!"?
    4) Do you count the days before "Broke Back Mountain: The Musical" tickets go on sale at Lincoln Center?
    5) Do you give copies of Rufus Wainwright's "Rufus does Judy Garland at Carnegie Hall" as Christmas stocking stuffers?

If you've answered in the affirmative for ANY of the above, then this is only the beginning.

Case closed.

P.S. Well, er, there is another benchmark that Andrew Dice Clay provided a few years back. This particular benchmark is right on point.

• Midnight Mover   11 years 13 weeks ago

I'm getting dizzy like Austin Powers watching this thing!

• The Great Commandment   11 years 13 weeks ago

Love how the guy sings the word "Commandment".

Talk to me sweet or dirty with a British accent and I'm done.

• Johnny and Mary   11 years 13 weeks ago

Tremendous dude in the back doing the robot. What a crack-up!

This item got a ton of airplay betwixt and between other tasty items like Flock of Seagulls, Duran Duran and The Fixx.

It was kinda weird hearing Robert Palmer, one of the few true gentlemen of rock, mixed in with those guys.

• Side of the Road   11 years 13 weeks ago

Yeah, CMT copying MTV. I heard that MTV is actually going to start showing music videos again.

Glad I was able to tune you into another bit of awesomeness, Sire.

Speaking of Elvis, try and catch his show called "Spectacle". It's an outstanding series dedicated to an artist each week complete with rarities done by the artist and a live interview.

Costello is a walking music wikipedia.

• Side of the Road   11 years 13 weeks ago

You've made my day. That's a great Lucinda song. Didn't know there was an Elvis duet. I'm also shocked to see CMT showed something this awesome. They used to play music, but then they decided to emulate MTV and started sucking hardcore.

Also glad you're making it by!

• Side of the Road   11 years 13 weeks ago

She's a chick with balls. I dig this. And there's no one on the planet that rolls words around the way she does...check out how she sings the word "couch" in this duet with another god among men, Elvis Costello:

• Stone In Love   11 years 15 weeks ago

And believe it or not, they weren't bad. It was late...I was tired...there were a lot of drunk people around...but an enjoyable show, I must say. And I am NOT a fan of stand-ins usually.