News

Added a ShareThis button for all you dying to share the awesomeness.

If you're looking for an awesome song you haven't heard before you are in the right place. This site represents a playlist systematically designed to maximize AWESOMENESS by meeting the following critera:

• It's AWESOME.
  • It's fairly obscure. This is obviously a subjective standard, but I don't want songs that everyone's heard no matter how awesome.
  • You can listen to it right now online for free.

Recent comments

• Walking On Broken Glass   11 years 22 weeks ago

Why are we angry with John Malkovich?

• Walking On Broken Glass   11 years 22 weeks ago

Ya gotta respect that Dr. House and that piss ant John Malkovich is in this video, too.

• Walking On Broken Glass   11 years 22 weeks ago

I really dig the part where she sings, "And everyone of us was meant to suffer..."

• Walking On Broken Glass   11 years 22 weeks ago

Annie Lennox has the voice of an angel. This tasty tune not only shows that off but it's a great item to do step aerobics to.

It's got that marching kinda beat, ya know?

• Crazy Crazy Nights   11 years 22 weeks ago

I love Caravan, but Queen of the Slipstream is pretty high on my list of fave VM tracks. I saw Van Morrison about 2 years ago at the most amazing venue. The Sage at Newcastle (UK) where the acoustics are amazing. (google it) but although Van the man turned up and sang exactly as you hear him on record, sadly he left his personality at home. I have heard stories of his stage presence or lack of it at times but I was very surprised. Just a little interaction would have been nice but he even spent a vast amount of time with his back to us. Anyway, I digress... I usually do. This is why twitter is a nightmare for me. 140 characters! PAH!
    Ok so I apologise for the Joe Jackson slur... I was dealt with by Rough Justice... (not rough at all!) but I agree that the track chosen is most definitely one of the better tracks.
    Crowded House... I love those Finn Brothers, from Split Enz onwards. To chose a track would be a toughie... Fall at your Feet is a very soft.. serene and dreamy track, but I think Into Temptation is an outstanding track.
    Ok. Think I had better go... I still have nothing to say about Kiss.

• Downtown Train   11 years 22 weeks ago

You mention Mr. Stewart in your post and it brought to mind something I've been thinking for so very long:

SOMEONE TELL HIM THAT HIM SINGING GERSHWIN AIN'T MAKIN' IT!

I'm all for American classics, but Rod, come on, did the IRS need money or something?

Thank you and have a nice day.

• Surrender   11 years 22 weeks ago

Mommy isn't one of those, I've known her all these years!

• Crazy Crazy Nights   11 years 22 weeks ago

Now, if only Congress can work things out that quickly.

; = )

Yours in bi-partisan rock n roll-
    RoughJustice

• Surrender   11 years 22 weeks ago

Now I had heard the WACS recruited old maids for the war...

• Crazy Crazy Nights   11 years 22 weeks ago

The conversation on this post has just made my day! I've been buried under work and I'm glad to see the false claims regarding my Joe-Jackson-less-ness were sorted out. Here's the song for those interested Joe Jackson, Be My Number Two. As far as Van Morrison, I can't put on any song until I find a good video for "Caravan" which is by far my favorite song of his. Crowded House is a tougher one, what can you suggest?

• Surrender   11 years 22 weeks ago

"Mommy served in the WACS in the Phillipines..." Classic.

• Crazy Crazy Nights   11 years 22 weeks ago

Don't worry, daffy. I'm sure Cusack will show mercy during sentencing.

• Crazy Crazy Nights   11 years 22 weeks ago

That was me up there...

• Crazy Crazy Nights   11 years 22 weeks ago

R.J- Aw, Cusack will be irate with me again! I looked with my foggy eyes!
    Good track too! I'll forgive him that one. :o)
    Guilty as charged - going off half-cocked! Just like a woman! :o)

• Crazy Crazy Nights   11 years 22 weeks ago

Joe Jackson's on the list.

"Be My Number Two" on 1/17/09. Outstanding track.

The defense rests.

• Crazy Crazy Nights   11 years 22 weeks ago

You have no Joe Jackson, No Crowded House and no Van Morrison on your list.
    I was very pleasantly surprised to see Big Country on the list though. They were the first band I ever saw live. (not including The Drifters) I'm sorry I'm not commenting on Kiss but there is little I could say... :o)
    Sidenote... Did you ever hear the soundtrack by Big Country for Restless Natives? Worth a listen, especially, Home Came The Angels.

• Meanwhile   11 years 22 weeks ago

Tell your story walkin'...

; = )

• Meanwhile   11 years 22 weeks ago

But we're months into the list and I didn't have a single Moody Blues song....it's just not right!

• Meanwhile   11 years 22 weeks ago

Dude,
    Sounds like you need Gas-X.

Stop with the guilt already!

The tune ain't bad either.

• Heaven   11 years 22 weeks ago

I saw the Furs in the late eighties at Roseland in NYC. What a show. I'm never forget them doing "Imitation of Christ" and Butler delivering each lyric in that very British way, arms outstretched like he was on a cross.

Whew. That was heavy. Remembering it just now gave me chill down my spine.

I'll be ok.

• Badlands   11 years 23 weeks ago

I knew it!

• Badlands   11 years 23 weeks ago

God bless ya for doing the sibling care. That's what it's all about.

Da Boss has the goods and he can deliver them to me anytime!

• Atomic   11 years 23 weeks ago
    Deb

Hey, she went "green" before it was in vogue. That bag she's wearin'looks used so she RE-USED, which is great.
    Word up, Deb.
    And Cusack, you're secure enough, pal. Don't worry, Critique away!

• Atomic   11 years 23 weeks ago

Deborah made a lot of very strange fashion choices at the time. Although that seemed the be in vogue so maybe it's unfair to point her out specifically. I can remember thinking, even then though, "What are you wearing?" (And then being concerned about my masculinity that I was critiquing ladies outfits)

• Badlands   11 years 23 weeks ago

The Boss' goods are apparently still in high demand despite his age. As for my propensity to laugh out loud, I do it far less frequently that I'd like, thanks for bringing my average up!

I actually had to fly home to take care of my sister for a few days while my mother visits a sick family member.