News

Added a ShareThis button for all you dying to share the awesomeness.

If you're looking for an awesome song you haven't heard before you are in the right place. This site represents a playlist systematically designed to maximize AWESOMENESS by meeting the following critera:

• It's AWESOME.
  • It's fairly obscure. This is obviously a subjective standard, but I don't want songs that everyone's heard no matter how awesome.
  • You can listen to it right now online for free.

Recent comments

• Badlands   11 years 23 weeks ago

It may have brought a little twinkle to my eye...

• Badlands   11 years 23 weeks ago

Yes, but I bet you enjoyed it, though.

; = )

• Atomic   11 years 23 weeks ago

Tremendous tune. Even more tremendous is the extra large drum size garbage bag she's sportin' as an overcoat. Fierce, eh?
    Yo, Deb, I have some leaves that need picking up...
    God bless her, though. She's still going at it.

• Badlands   11 years 23 weeks ago

Do you not
    Laugh out loud often then?
    It's supposed to be very good for you...
    On a plane! International jetsetter?
    Goodness... Bruce icing his balls... what an image! *shakes head*

• Seven Year Ache   11 years 23 weeks ago

Great song, great Rodney Crowell production.

It's a shame that there isn't more country like this. Most of the other stuff that came out during this period is drek. That crossoever, top40, Taylor Swift kinda twaddle is unlistenable.

Thank God for her and Lucinda, Dwight, and the other anti-Nashville artists like Lyle.

SALUTE!

• Badlands   11 years 23 weeks ago

The first half of the Superbowl was the warm-up act for the Poet/ Rock Laureate of New Jersey.

"I want you to step back from the guacamole dip, I want you to put the chicken fingers down and turn your television all the way up. (pointing to the camera he continues) And what I want to know is, IS THERE ANYBODY ALIVE OUT THERE???

He was answered. And he delivered once again.

Now, I have to go re-watch it on TIVO for the umpteenth time.

"It's BOSS TIME!"- Little Steven "Silvio" VanZandt

P.S. At 59 years old, after doing a long backbend, hanging off the mike and then knee-sliding across stage into the camera, I'm certain it's acceptable for Mr. Springsteen to ice his balls all day today. That camera operator is one lucky bastard.

• Toy Soldiers   11 years 23 weeks ago

What makes you so sure I wasn't a young girl running home from school every day to watch KIDS incorporated?!?!?

• Badlands   11 years 23 weeks ago

You just made me laugh out loud with "did he win?" Well done! I was actually on a plane and missed the show :(

• Badlands   11 years 23 weeks ago

Thank you MEF.hehe The team the Magpies were playing agains are lovingly known as The Black cats.... It was draw. 1-1. Good result.
    How did Bruce do? Did he win? Only joking.....

• Toy Soldiers   11 years 23 weeks ago

If you were a young girl who ran home from school every day to watch KIDS Incorporated, you would not have missed this song in the 80's. Martika played "Gloria," the tough, urban teen leader of the singing group...just trying to make her way in the world...stuck between child and adult... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef-LJYj5pIY

• Electric Blue   11 years 23 weeks ago

You've had four blue songs, so I'm adding this one gratis:

• The Sun Always Shines On TV   11 years 23 weeks ago

One of the more appreciated b-sides in my small collection.

• Vienna   11 years 23 weeks ago

Looking forward to the other Ultravox songs...

• Plainsong   11 years 23 weeks ago

This is everything good about the 80's and percussion instruments all rolled into one. And that's a LOT of good, mind you. So it's a big ball of good. Sitting right here. In this song.

• Plainsong   11 years 23 weeks ago

• Badlands   11 years 23 weeks ago

Indeed. Though "Cardinals" lacks about as much machismo as "magpies."

• Love Will Tear Us Apart   11 years 23 weeks ago

It's a shame, although I will say there are plenty of New Order songs I enjoy as well. Even though Joy Division was amazing and I would have loved to have heard more from them, I'm not a purist who hates on New Order.

• Sweet Soul Sister   11 years 23 weeks ago

Leave it to the IRS to get bands touring again. We should send them after all that lazy non-touring bands out there!

• Mother   11 years 23 weeks ago

Has made a lot of great movies, "Dead Man" is by far my favorite though!

• Plainsong   11 years 23 weeks ago

He has been growing more and more disturbing over the years. I think it's time to abandon the schtick. That hair makeup combination does not work for middle aged men.

• Badlands   11 years 23 weeks ago

Today is a little-known American tradition known as the Superbowl! We have a very strange game that we call football for some reason, despite it being dramatically less appropriate for the name than your football. I will say this though, we Americans do some very strange things, but we don't name our teams "Magpies." I don't think we'd even call a women's team Magpies!

• Like to Get to Know You Well   11 years 23 weeks ago

Who thinks Howard Jones is uncool!?!?!? You tell him that thinking Howard Jones is uncool, is a surefire indication of being uncool.

• Badlands   11 years 23 weeks ago

I love this... is something happening today with Bruce?
    (forgive me, I'm a clueless Brit!)
    Today is the day of our Tyne/Wear derby. It's a football match that has to be won by the Magpies... it's about pride and if Sunderland win it will be devastating. (Ok, a little over the top there!)
    Newcastle United (the good guys) V Sunderland FC (the not so good guys)

• Like to Get to Know You Well   11 years 23 weeks ago

I loved this! This is the gift you got me in return for the Pogues radio interview. :o)
    I have to agree with you about the dancing. I'm always put in mind of Nick Heywood, Haircut 100 and some dodgey dance moves.
    I'm going to see Howard on May 29th. My cousin is going to go with me as I can't bribe any of my children and my husband thinks he is so uncool!

• Plainsong   11 years 23 weeks ago

I'm a fan of the Cure and Mr. Smith but come on...have you seen him lately? He's starting to look like Liz Taylor:

God bless him, though.